News Release: October 13, 2020
Hawaii Energy Announces Strategic Advisory Board
Honolulu, Hawaii – Hawaii Energy announced today that it has formed a new Strategic Advisory Board to help broaden the impact and benefits of energy efficiency for Hawaii’s residents and businesses. The following eight local industry leaders have been selected to provide insights into their respective industries and serve as energy efficiency ambassadors in our community:
- Sherilyn Hayashida, assistant specialist at the Public Policy Center, University of Hawaii at Mānoa
- Jason Ito, vice president, administration, labor and community relations, Kyo-ya Management Co. Ltd.
- Brent Kakesako, executive director, Hawaii Alliance for Community Based Economic Development
- Lisa Maruyama, president and CEO, Hawaii Association of Nonprofit Organizations
- Bettina Mehnert, president and CEO, AHL
- Jennifer Potter, commissioner, Hawaii Public Utilities Commission
- Walter Thoemmes, managing director, Commercial Real Estate Division, Kamehameha Schools
- Lauren Zirbel, executive director, Hawaii Food Industry Association
“When developing this Strategic Advisory Board, we wanted fresh perspectives from a variety of industries and sectors that we can use to reach island families and businesses more effectively as we look to develop new partnerships and work toward the state’s economic recovery,” said Brian Kealoha, executive director of Hawaii Energy. “We are grateful this group has agreed to join us, and we look forward to their insights and contributions to Hawaiʻi’s clean energy future.”
Hawaiʻi Energy’s Strategic Advisory Board members were selected based on their past and current experiences and their influence in the community, and will serve for two program years through June 30, 2022.
“We are in the early stages of developing a 10-year roadmap that will outline our vision for energy efficiency, electric vehicles, and distributed resources such as demand response and storage. We see the Strategic Advisory Board playing an important role in providing guidance as we identify our goals, milestones and opportunities,” added Kealoha.
For more information about Hawaii Energy and the Strategic Advisory Board, visit hawaiienergy.com/advisory-board.
About Hawaii Energy
Hawaii Energy helps island families and businesses make smart energy choices. We encourage and reward energy decisions that will allow our state to reach 100% clean energy faster and cheaper. To date, we have saved the people of Hawai‘i more than a billion dollars off their energy bills. Let Hawai‘i Energy be your trusted energy advisor to help save you money and protect what makes Hawaii so special. For more information, please visit hawaiienergy.com/about.
Media Contact:Jaclyn Saito
Public Relations & Event Specialist