Switching out your old appliances to ENERGY STAR® certified models will help you save energy and reduce your monthly electric bills.
Refrigerator Purchase $75 REBATE
Receive a $75 rebate* when you purchase a qualifying ENERGY STAR® certified refrigerator from a participating retailer.
How to get started
- Step 1: Purchase a new ENERGY STAR® certified refrigerator (greater than 16 cu. ft.) from a participating retailer below.
- Step 2: You can download and fill out the application.
- Step 3: Submit the application within sixty (60) days of the purchase. If you downloaded the application, you may email it to: HawaiiEnergy@honeywell.com. Or mail to: Hawaii Energy, P.O. Box 3920, Honolulu, HI 96812. Your rebate will be mailed to you within 6-8 weeks.
Refrigerator Trade-Up $150 REBATE
An old refrigerator uses about twice as much energy as a new ENERGY STAR® -certified refrigerator.
For a limited time, receive a $150 rebate* when you purchase a qualifying ENERGY STAR® -certified refrigerator from a participating retailer. Rebate requires that you have a working refrigerator (14 cu. ft or larger) to trade in. The participating retailer will haul it away when they deliver your new model. We make sure it’s recycled properly, this is a requirement of the program.
How to get started
- Step 1: Purchase a new ENERGY STAR® -certified refrigerator (greater than 16 cu. ft.) from a participating retailer below.
- Step 2: The retailer will provide you with an application and then schedule pick up of your old, working refrigerator. Or download the application, see below.
- Step 3: Sign the application and have the hauler stamp it upon picking up your old unit. The application must be postmarked within sixty (60) days of the purchase. If you downloaded the application, you may email it to: HawaiiEnergy@honeywell.com. Or mail to: Hawaii Energy, P.O. Box 3920, Honolulu, HI 96812. Your rebate will be mailed to you within 6-8 weeks.
*The Rid-A-Fridge and Trade-Up offer may not be combined. Trade-Up applications are available on a first-come, first-served basis with approved retailers during point of purchase, to ensure proper recycling. Rebate is subject to change without notice.
Refrigerator/Freezer "Rid-A-Fridge" Offer $75 REBATE
By keeping a second refrigerator in your basement or garage, you could be wasting as much as $125 per year. Let us recycle that old working refrigerator/freezer for FREE and pay you! Residents of Hawaii island, Maui County and Oahu will receive $75 for each one. For more information on refrigerator/freezer click here.
Heat Pump Water Heater $300 In-Store INSTANT REBATE
An option for reducing your energy cost is to consider installing an ENERGY STAR® certified heat pump water heater for your home. Get an in-store instant rebate of $300 towards your qualifying purchase today at participating retailers Ferguson/The Plumbing Store, Home Depot or Lowes.
Washers & Dryers
You can save loads of money and energy by upgrading to an energy efficient washer and dryer. Purchase an ENERGY STAR® certified washer and/or dryer for cutting edge technology along with the highest energy efficiency savings possible. Look for our in-store signs at local retailers for the models with the best values.
Washing dishes in a new ENERGY STAR® certified dishwasher rather than hand washing can cut your utility bills by about $40 per year. It uses less than half as much energy and saves more than 5,000 gallons of water each year. Look for our in-store signs at local retailers for the models with the best values.