Energy-Saving Offers for Residents of Hana
Join the thousands of Hawaii residents saving energy and money by making small changes in their homes with our help.
Now for a limited time, these energy-saving offers are open exclusively to residents of Hana, Maui in the 96713 zip code.
For program updates in response to COVID-19 please go to our news page. Click here
Appliance Trade-Up Program Updates for Residents of Hana
Exchange your old, working refrigerator and/or freezer for a new energy-efficient ENERGY STAR® refrigerator for as low as $250 each. Plus, delivery and haul-a-away service is provided at no cost.
How to get started:
- To qualify, you must have an old, working refrigerator and/or freezer to trade-in and live in the following zip code: 96713.
- Fill out the application available either by:
- Calling Ma Ka Hana Ka ‘Ike (808) 298-2060
- or download the application here.
- Call Ma Ka Hana Ka ‘Ike to arrange cash or check payment delivery options. Application must be received by 11/15/21
- We’ll contact you when your appliance is on island to schedule delivery (please allow 12-16 weeks).
Energy UNPLUGGED – Hana Community Workshop
Designed for residents of all ages and backgrounds, bring the ‘ohana to this fun, local style workshop that “flips the switch” on common energy myths. As a community that understands the effects of climate change intimately, learn its connection to energy and why using less energy is important. Find out about no-cost tips to save energy and the many rebates currently available to help with appliance, water heating, and home cooling upgrades.
FREE to attend!
Join us for a special online Zoom workshop for the Hana community:
Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Energy Smart 4 Homes
Energy Smart 4 Homes (ES4H) is a FREE service for residents in Hana that provides trained professionals to install energy-efficient products directly in your home. The energy-efficient products you’ll receive are valued at over $150 and can reduce the electricity costs for each household by up to $160 per year. That’s a total value of over $300! And while we’re there, we’ll complete a free home energy assessment to provide you with more energy-saving opportunities.
The installed free items will include the following:
- Energy-efficient LED light bulbs
- High pressure, high-efficiency showerheads and faucet aerators
- Advanced power strips