Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
THERE’S NO BETTER TIME THAN NOW TO GET EV READY!
Offset your costs to install an EV charging station at your commercial facility or multi-unit dwelling with this limited-time rebate for all islands statewide.
All EV Charging Station funds have been committed. Please contact Desiree Sumaoang at Desiree.Sumaoang@leidos.com to learn more about how you can get on the waitlist.
For first-time installations:
- $4,500 per networked Level 2 station (must have at least 2 ports)
- $35,000 per networked DC Fast Charging station
For station retrofits:
- $3,000 per networked Level 2 station (must have at least 2 ports)
- $28,000 per networked DC Fast Charging station
NEW! For affordable housing developments:
- $5,000 bonus incentive per networked Level 2 station (must have at least 2 ports) for existing developments
- $1,500 bonus incentive per networked Level 2 station (must have at least 2 ports) for new developments
Effective July 1, 2020, the following new guidelines have been added to this offer:
- Limit on number of rebate-eligible stations (until 12/31/20): Hawaii Energy will award up to six (6) Level 2 EVCS rebates per site or up to two (2) DC Fast-Charger rebates per customer (N.B.: one (1) DC Fast-Charger per site) from now until December 31, 2020. Applications must be received by December 31, 2020 and be approved by Hawaii Energy. Sites exceeding these quantities for stations may be eligible for rebates on additional stations, subject to review starting January 1, 2021.
- Any project coordinator seeking rebate funding after December 31, 2020 will have up to 12 months from the date that their qualifying charging station was installed, activated, and available for use (“effective date”) to submit their application to Hawaii Energy. Effective date of station must be between January 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021 to qualify.
- Rebates Can Now Be Reserved: Rebate funds may be reserved for pre-approved applications for up to four (4) months from approval. If your installation is not completed within those four months, your funding will be released back into the general pool of rebate funding and the application will be moved to the end of the queue of approved applications.
- For a full list of eligibility requirements, review our Program Requirements.
In addition to these state funds, Hawaiʻi Energy is offering a bonus incentive of up to $5,000 for AC Level 2 multi-port EV charging stations to existing or new affordable housing facilities serving households in Hawaiʻi making no more than 100% of the Area Median Income (AMI) as defined per county in the state of Hawaiʻi. Thanks to the generous support of Ulupono Initiative, affordable housing development incentive Applicants on Kaua`i are also eligible for bonus incentives, as funds are available, along with limited additional funding available to help offset the cost of maintenance and network connectivity.
How Do I Start?
- Select a licensed contractor to help you. We suggest choosing one of our approved Clean Energy Allies. (On Kauai? Click here for a list of contractors servicing your island.)
- Assess: Work with your contractor to assess your site and infrastructure, and review their estimate for installing your station(s).
- Order & Install: Once you approve the project, the contractor will order the charging station that will suit your needs.
- Submit Rebate Forms: Once your station is installed, be sure to submit all required documentation with your application within the required timeframe. Don’t forget, rebates are awarded on a first-come first-served basis as long as funding is available, so submit your application as soon as possible.
Rebate Application &
NOTE: Rebates are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, while funding lasts. Terms and conditions apply. Installed stations must be multi-port Level 2 or DC fast-charging type with network connectivity. Single-family residences and individually owned parking stalls not eligible.
Affordable housing developments must serve families making no more than 100% of the Hawaii Area Median Income (AMI) – as defined per county – to qualify for bonus rebates. Affordable housing developments on Kauai are eligible.
Call us at (808) 839-8880 or email us at email@example.com.
Funding for this special rebate offer was appropriated by the Hawaii State Legislature in 2019 and is administered on behalf of the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission by Hawaii Energy. This rebate is therefore subject to different terms and conditions than other Hawaii Energy rebates, and we encourage you to read through the eligibility requirements and application thoroughly before applying.
Mahalo to our friends at Ulupono Initiative for making rebates
available for affordable housing developments on Kauai!