Energy-saving offers for residents of North Kohala
Join the thousands of Hawaii residents saving energy and money by making small changes in their homes with our help.
Now for a limited time, these energy-saving offers are open exclusively to residents of the following North Kohala zip codes: 96719 and 96755.
For program updates in response to COVID-19 please go to our news page. Click here
Appliance Trade-Up Program
Exchange your old, working refrigerator and/or freezer for a new energy-efficient ENERGY STAR® refrigerator and or freezer for as low as $250 each.
To qualify, you must have an existing refrigerator and/or freezer to trade-in.
How to get started:
- Select the refrigerator and/or freezer to purchase. View FAQ to see appliance dimensions.
- Fill out an application available at the Partners in Development Foundation office located at Lamp Cottage in the student and visitor parking lot next to the Kohala Elementary School. Or download/print here.
- Submit application with payment via cashier’s check, money order or credit card by September 15, 2020. Please make cashier’s checks/money orders payable to: Partners in Development Foundation. Applications and payment may be mailed to: Partners in Development Foundation, P. O. Box 1596 Kapa’au, HI 96755.
- We’ll contact you to schedule the delivery of your new appliance and remove the old one Advanced power strips.
This is a community-based program powered by Hawai‘i Energy in partnership with Partners in Development Foundation For assistance, contact Partners in Development Foundation: 808-884-5927
Energy Smart 4 Homes
Energy Smart 4 Homes (ES4H) is a FREE service for residents in North Kohala that provides trained professionals to install energy-efficient products directly in your home. The energy-efficient products you’ll receive are valued at over $150 and can reduce the electricity costs for each household by up to $160 per year. That’s a total value of over $300!
The installed free items will include the following:
- Energy-efficient LED light bulbs
- High pressure, high-efficiency showerheads and faucet aerators
- Advanced power strips
Complete the application below or call Partners in Development Foundation at (808) 884-5927.