For Your Home
Rebates are available to residential electric utility ratepayers on Hawaii Island, Lanai, Maui, Molokai and Oahu only.
Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Rebates are also subject to availability of funds, restrictions, change and/or discontinuation without advance notice.
Current Rebates Available
- For a limited time, instant rebates on Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) at participating retailers (no application needed) Click here to learn more about CFLs.
- Solar Water Heating - $1,000
- Solar Water Heating Interest loan buy-down - $1,000
- Heat Pump Water Heater - $200 - View rebate application.
- ENERGY STAR® Refrigerators with the purchase price of $600 or less - $50
- ENERGY STAR® Refrigerators with Trade-in - $125
- Refrigerator/Freezer Bounty (turn-in) – Free pick-up and recycling plus rebate*
- ENERGY STAR® Top Tier Clothes Washers - $50 - View rebate application here.
- ENERGY STAR® Ceiling Fans - $40 - View rebate application here.
- ENERGY STAR® Variable Refrigerant Flow Air Conditioners- $200 - View rebate application here.
- Solar Attic Fan - $50
- Central AC Maintenance - $50 - View rebate applicaton here.
- Whole House Fans - $75 - View rebate application here.
- Whole House Energy Monitor – 50% of the purchase price up to $100 - View rebate application here.
- Occupancy Sensor - $5 - View rebate application here.
Central AC Maintenance
A $50 central air conditioner maintenance rebate is given when maintenance is provided by a Hawaii Energy registered C52 contractor.
View the list of participating AC contractors here.
To receive a rebate, please complete the Central AC Maintenance Application and provide us with all the necessary supporting documents.
Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFLs)
No application needed. Instant rebates given at participating retailers only. Click here for a list of participating retailers.
For more information on mercury and CFL disposal, please visit the EPA website.
ENERGY STAR® Appliances
ENERGY STAR® Basic Refrigerator Program ($600 or less)
The Basic Refrigerator Program rewards electric utility customers for purchasing a basic ENERGY STAR® refrigerator rather than opting for a lower cost non-ENERGY STAR® model.
ENERGY STAR® Refrigerator Trade-In Program
The Refrigerator Trade-In program rewards electric utility customers to purchase any ENERGY STAR® refrigerator, but requires the customer to trade-in their old, but operational refrigerator (rather than putting it in the garage). Hawaii Energy will ensure your old refrigerator is properly recycled.
The rebate application is available at the participating retailers below:
- Hawaii Island: General Appliance, Hakoda's Builders Appliance, Home Depot (all locations), Lowes and Sears
- Lanai: Island Appliance
- Maui: Hamai Appliance, Home Depot, Lowes and Sears
- Oahu: Best Buy (all locations), Disco Mart, Discount Mutual, Gima Appliance Service Inc., Home Depot (all locations), Keltech Services, Kmart (Iwilei, Stadium and Waikele), Lowes (all locations), Midtown Radio, Navy Exchange, Newtown Appliances, OK TV & Appliance (all locations), Pacific Appliance Group, Riggs Distributing, Inc., Sears (all locations), Sears Outlet, Servco, The Discount Store and Wada's Appliance
Online purchases do not qualify for the Trade-in offer.
The Bounty & Trade-In rebates may not be combined. To learn more about Bounty, scroll down this page to "Refrigerator/Freezer Bounty Program".
Refrigerator/Freezer Bounty Program
Hawaii Energy’s Bounty Program makes it easy for residential electric utility customers to surrender old, but working refrigerators and freezers. We will pick up and recycle old, working units for free and you get paid.
Step 1: Call for free pick‐up and recycling.
On Oahu, call 537‐5577.
On Maui and Hawaii Island, call toll‐free
Step 2: Complete & send in application.
You will receive the application during the pick‐up.
Note: The Bounty & Trade-In rebates may not be combined. To learn more about Trade-In, scroll up this page to "ENERGY STAR® Refrigerator Trade-In Program".
Solar Water Heating
Reduce your electricity costs with a solar water heating system. Select a Participating Contractor and ask about Hawaii Energy’s limited-time $1000 instant rebate. If financing your system in lieu of an instant rebate, Hawaii Energy offers “Hot Water, Cool Rates”, a solar interest buy-down program available through Participating Lenders.
|Systems Budgeted||Systems Committed||Systems Remaining|
|$750 Instant Rebate||3,750||2,583||1,167|
|Hot Water, Cool Rates||250||88||162|
Last updated: 4/15/2013
Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Pool Pump
Get a $150 rebate when you purchase and have a VFD pool pump installed. Did you know that swimming pools can take up 20 percent of an average household's electricity bill? By replacing your inefficient pool pump with a qualifying energy-efficient pump, you can save up to $200 a year.
Whole House Energy Monitor
Whole House Energy Monitors offer homeowners and renters the ability to understand the electrical consumption of the entire household. With near real-time data updates and historical data display, whole house monitors provide for analysis of total household electrical consumption. Individuals can identify energy consumers and observe and make change to see savings. Click here for FAQs.
Whole House and Solar Attic Fan
Get a $75 rebate on a Whole House Fan that draws cooler, outside air through your living space by pushing the hot air out of the home and out of the attic vents, creating a cooling breeze. Get a $50 rebate on a solar attic fan, which cools your roof and may reduce the load on your air conditioning system.