2nd Annual Energy Success Story Contest
How have you reduced your electricity use at home? Tell us your energy success story, and be entered for a chance to win a home energy monitor system with installation valued at $500 plus another $200 worth in home energy efficiency prizes.
Hawaii Energy wants inspiring and motivating stories and photos from Hawaii homeowners and renters showcasing the outcomes and successes in becoming energy-efficient in Hawaii. Winning stories will be used to help fellow Hawaii residents learn how they can reduce their electric bills with low to no-cost tips.
Contest entries must be submitted no later than Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m.
Judges will review all submissions and select the Top Ten. If you’re among them, you’ll be contacted and requested to provide a photo to complement your story.
All 10 contest winners will be awarded with energy efficiency gift bags valued at $200 each. One overall winner will also be awarded a home energy monitor system (installation included) market valued at about $500.
Contest entrants agree to allow Hawaii Energy to use their ideas, as well as their name, city location, and photo in future marketing and advertising campaigns.
- No purchase or payment required to enter.
- Stories must be about reducing electricity use and/or using it more effectively/efficiently. Photovoltaic (PV) and other forms of generating electricity are not a part of this contest.
- Participant is a residential scheduled account holder of an electric utility on the islands of Hawaii, Lanai, Maui, Molokai, or Oahu who contributes into the Public Benefit Fund where the electricity-saving energy efficiency measure has been installed.
- There is no limit on the number of entries. To submit additional stories, fill out the entire form again.
- Fill out and submit all requested informational fields.
- Participant agrees to a follow-up request to submit a photo if selected as a top 10 finalist.
Note: Hawaii Energy will only use your contact information to request a photo should you be selected as a finalist.